Bestselling American author Paul Doiron is also editor-in-chief of “Down East,” the largest regional magazine in the USA. His best series ”Mike Bowditch” is about the mystery with Maine Game Warden Mike as the main protagonist.
Doiron’s tight storytelling and detail create suspenseful, fast-paced stories that are both thrilling and captivating. All of his novels are set in the remote wilderness of northern Maine. He represents the natural beauty of the Maine wilderness and the unique culture of the people there.
The Mike Bowditch series has been a critical and commercial success. Each book in the series received high praise from readers and critics for its well-crafted suspense, intense pacing, and unpredictable twists and turns. If you’re a mystery lover, check out Paul Doiron’s series in order.
Paul Doiron Books In Order (Mike Bowditch Series In Order)
It’s optional to read Paul Doiron’s books in order because each novel in the Mike Bowditch series can be read as a standalone. However, reading the series in order can help you gain a deeper understanding of the characters, their relationships, the setting, and recurring themes. Additionally, following the series in order can add to the overall enjoyment of the books. Moreover, you can see the characters grow and evolve. If you’re new, I’m here to guide you with the key focus of the story. Let’s begin!
Checkout my wishlist: Paul Doiron Books List
Paul Doiron’s Mike Bowditch series in order with details:
- The Poacher’s Son” (2010): This is the first book in the Mike Bowditch series. It introduces the main character, Mike Bowditch, as a game warden in rural Maine struggling to escape his father’s shadow. A murdered woman is found in the woods. So Mike is forced to confront his past as he tries to solve the crime and clear his father’s name.
- Triage (2011): In this second book, Mike is called to investigate a poaching run gone wrong in the Allagash Wilderness, only to find himself caught up in a web of lies, deceit, and a brutal struggle for power.
- Bad Little Falls (2012): This is the first book in the series where Mike is sent to the remote town of Little Falls to investigate a series of crimes to discover the town is hiding a dark secret.
- The Bone Orchard (2014): Mike investigates a string of mysterious disappearances that lead him deep into the heart of the Maine wilderness. He uncovers a long-buried secret that threatens to destroy everything he holds dear.
- Massacre Pond (2013): Mike continues his investigation to find a ruthless killer and takes risks of losing everything.
- The Precipice (2015): Mike uncovers a sinister plot that threatens the entire state of Maine.
- Widowmaker (2014): In this seventh book, Mike is tasked with finding a missing person in the wilderness of northern Maine.
- Knife Creek (2017): Mike Bowditch is sent to a remote wilderness camp in Maine to investigate a suspicious death.
- Stay Hidden (2018): Mike is going undercover to solve a string of burglaries, to uncover a dangerous conspiracy that threatens the lives of everyone.
- Almost Midnight (2019): Mike realizes that the case is more complicated and faces next-level challenges.
- One Last Lie (2020): Mike learns that his father, Jack Bowditch, is linked to the case.
- Dead by Dawn (2021): As Mike discovers the truth about death, he realizes that the case is much more complex. So he takes the risk on a dangerous journey through the Maine wilderness, which leads him to confront his demons.
- Hatchet Island (2022): Mike and his girlfriend make a plant to Islan trip where they face many mysteries.
- Dead Man’s Wake (2023): Mike and Stacey are trying to identify the killer.
Paul Doiron’s books are worth reading for his well-crafted writing style that suspenseful stories. Mike Bowditch series has received many positive reviews and ratings for its unpredictable twists. If you’re a fan of mystery novels or appreciate stories set in rugged landscapes, Paul Doiron’s books are worth reading.
Read more similar: