The Untethered Soul by Michael Alan Singer is one of the best self-help books to feel fully motivated and energize the mind. The book explores the concept of self-identification and how our thoughts, emotions, and past experiences shape our sense of self.
After reading this book, you found a yoga and meditation place that makes much sense. The person inside your head is never content, no matter how good your day goes. Can you feel that all the time? Who cares what happens outside? Life is continuously changing, and if you’re trying to control it, you’ll never be able to live it. Instead of living life fully, you’ll be afraid of it. Isn’t that the truth of this year?
To grow, you must give up the struggle to remain the same and learn to embrace change at all times. We are different people than we were last year. If you lived every experience fully, death doesn’t take anything away from you. The fear of missing out is what makes us afraid of death. The book has many excellent tips and facts that anybody can easily organize their life.
Books like The Untethered Soul offer alternative explanations, examples, or practical exercises that enhance your comprehension and application of the book’s teachings. Each author brings their unique perspective and experiences to the table.
10 Books like The Untethered Soul (Spirituality & Psychology)
The Untethered Soul is a life-changing book that offers practical guidance for self-discovery and spiritual growth. It inspires readers to let go of limiting beliefs, embraces the present moment, and cultivate deep inner peace and freedom. This book covers most of the critical questions-answers about life and the mind. The author talks about these unique ways by example.
That helps us easy to understand. Do you want to read more motivational and self-help books? I’m going to discuss ten similar books similar to The Untethered Soul. Whether you are new to spiritual teachings or have been on a path of self-exploration for some time, these books have the potential to profoundly impact your understanding of self and the nature of reality. Let’s go!
1. A New Earth
There’s a lot of buzz about this book and this author. A New Earth speaks a lot about spirituality and self-awareness. So there are two big aspects to the book, and that is number one is the ego. Number two is consciousness. It talks about ego versus consciousness and what that means.
So to give you a little brief understanding of ego, the ego would mean when you are trying to identify with something in the external world. When trying to identify with material objects you own and your role in this outer world. You want to be in power.
Your negative reactions and ego are very reactive and react to the external world. The solution to coming from a place of ego is being aware and having an awoken consciousness. You can self-evaluate once you are conscious of your actions and behavior. It means that you’re now aware of what you’re doing and not will take you away from the place of reaction, a place of ego.
So the book talks about how you can become self-aware in what you’re doing and operate in a more excellent vibration where you’re in tune with who you are and your spirit inside you. Like The Untethered Soul, the author describes who you are and that it’s not connected to everything. It comes from a place of love and lights your spirit inside you. So it is very spiritual and gets you thinking about those places you go to.
- Identification with the ego leads to suffering and conflict.
- Awakening to the present moment and transcending the ego is the path to true peace and fulfillment.
- The ego thrives on negativity, drama, and judgment, while conscious presence cultivates compassion, acceptance, and love.
- Recognizing the interconnectedness of all beings and embracing a sense of unity is essential for creating a more harmonious world.
- Letting go of past grievances and future anxieties allows for a deeper experience of joy and freedom in the present moment.
Author: Eckhart Tolle
Average Rating: 4.7/5
Category: Spiritual Self-Help, Philosophy
Available: Audiobook | Paperback | Hardcover | Kindle
2. The Seat of the Soul
The Seat of the Soul explores the concept of energy and its role in our lives. I found it was one of Oprah’s best books of her lifetime career that she shared on the Oprah Show. The book’s central message is that as we evolve as a human species, we become more in touch with our spiritual relationship with the world. Through that, the author specifically talks about our intuition. He’s talking about our connection to other people. You will know how much we are in touch with our senses and how that is a big step in the direction we want to go.
The author talks about karma and tension, responsibility and power, and how these relate to us being more spiritually connected to ourselves and each other. The book is essential in our psychological evolution and modern-day psychology with spirituality.
Words, emotions, and spirituality were not a part of the psychological dictionary until the nineteen nineties. So this book is essential in how we started looking at and developing ideas around spirituality in psychology. You will find similarities with the book The Untethered Soul.
- Our essence resides in the soul, and aligning with it brings authentic power and spiritual growth.
- Embracing vulnerability, compassion, and love allows for deeper connections and meaningful relationships.
- Taking responsibility for our choices and actions is crucial for personal growth and creating a positive impact.
- Energy, resonance, and intention shape our experiences, and conscious awareness of these aspects empowers our journey.
- By expanding our consciousness, we can transcend limitations, awaken our soul’s purpose, and contribute to the evolution of humanity.
Author: Gary Zukav
Average Rating: 4.7/5
Category: Self-Esteem, New Thought Spirituality
Available: Audiobook | Paperback | Hardcover | Audio CD | Kindle
3. Do the Work
Do The Work is an extremely quick read because it is less than a hundred pages. The interior is so well spaced out with large fonts and text that it was easy to read in one sitting. The book is about doing big projects now, sometimes when we have a big task. It can be very overwhelming, and it can be tough to start, and it can be even harder to finish because this thing called resistance gets in our way.
Like The Untethered Soul, this book is about the different types of resistance, overcoming them, and completing your project. It walks you through the process of completing those big projects and takes you through every single step. So starting the actual bit in the middle can become a little harder, with the resistance very easy to quit.
At this point, your motivation is gone. How do you keep going? How do you overcome the final hurdle and put it out there, which can be one of the hardest steps? Then we have to face the possibility of rejection or people not liking what we have created. The example that they use in the book is writing a book.
So for anybody who wants to be an author, whether writing fiction or nonfiction, this little book will help you complete that project. However, it would also be helpful for any other type of big project or challenge. This book allows you to read it and finish the work rather than spend all your time reading without executing it.
- Overcoming resistance and taking consistent action are essential for creative and personal growth.
- Recognizing and challenging self-sabotaging beliefs and behaviors leads to breakthroughs and success.
- Embracing the process of uncertainty and failure fosters resilience and unlocks hidden potential.
- Cultivating discipline, focus, and perseverance allows for completing meaningful projects and goals.
- Stepping outside comfort zones and facing fear leads to personal transformation and expanded possibilities.
Author: Steven Pressfield
Average Rating: 4.5/5
Category: Popular Psychology Creativity & Genius, Success Self-Help
Available: Audiobook | Paperback | Hardcover | MP3 CD | Kindle
4. The Mastery of Self: A Toltec Guide to Personal Freedom
The Mastery of Self explores the principles of Toltec wisdom, which emphasize self-awareness, personal responsibility, and the power of choice. Every book has its aspects, and different traits help you understand more of your mind. But this unlocked what started the journey to greatness.
That is the difference between conditional and unconditional love. Conditional deals with things in people but only based on your value system. While unconditional is when you respect the values of everyone and their perspectives, you don’t have to agree with them.
The author broke down so many masses that people set goals and different teams than the competition. But the next thing was conditional and unconditional goals. So conditional goal is you’re going to work out. Then you have unconditional goals where you will improve something like losing weight. The book has so much more fire content that explodes your mind. You will get many philosophical lessons similar to The Untethered Soul.
- Self-awareness and personal responsibility are the foundations for personal growth and transformation.
- Letting go of self-limiting beliefs and embracing self-love and authenticity unleashes personal power.
- Cultivating mindfulness and conscious choice-making empowers individuals to create their desired reality.
- Building harmonious relationships requires setting healthy boundaries and practicing compassionate understanding.
- Integrating emotional awareness, resilience, and spiritual alignment leads to a life of fulfillment and purpose.
Author: Charlie Varon
Average Rating: 4.8/5
Category: New Thought Spirituality, Philosophy Metaphysics
Available: Audiobook | Paperback | Hardcover | Kindle
5. Think Like A Monk
Think Like a Monk provides practical exercises, meditations, and reflection questions to help readers integrate the teachings into their daily lives. This book breaks down the principles behind having a monk-like mentality, focusing on things such as breathwork, finding your purpose, and other practical techniques. Jay Shetty starts the book by telling us that you will go to business people when you need help on entrepreneurial grounds. You will read the stories of Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and all these great businessmen.
If you want to learn about innovation, you will read Elon Musk’s books or watch and listen to him everywhere. If you want to know about literature, you will read certain books and follow certain people. In the same way, when you want to live a peaceful life, then you want to live a life where there is a lot of calmness, then the experts in that field are monks.
We can’t go to the Himalayas or some monastery to become monks. If everyone starts becoming monks, continuing as a society will not be possible. If we do not become monks, we can think like a monk. So, this book is about adopting the monk mindset and becoming more calm and peaceful. Even though we are always surrounded by so much noise and distractions. We can still try to calm ourselves and become more monk-like. So this is the whole concept of the book.
The best thing about this book is that it is very wholesome and covers every area of our lives. If you don’t read many self-help books, this book will be perfect for you. The way the author talks and we talk in English regularly are not very difficult. He does not use difficult words, so you must fetch the dictionary for every sentence. This book is one of the best self-help books for beginners after The Untethered Soul.
- Adopting a monk mindset cultivates mindfulness, purpose, and inner peace in daily life.
- Finding one’s purpose and aligning actions with values leads to fulfillment and meaningful contributions.
- Developing emotional intelligence and managing thoughts and emotions promotes greater well-being.
- Practicing gratitude, self-reflection, and service to others nurtures a sense of connection and compassion.
- Letting go of attachment, embracing impermanence, and living in the present moment foster lasting happiness and contentment.
Author: Jay Shetty
Average Rating: 4.8/5
Category: Stress Management, Buddhist Rituals & Practice (Best Seller)
Available: Audiobook | Paperback | Hardcover | Audio CD | Kindle
6. The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
This influential best-seller book explores living in the present moment and finding inner peace through mindfulness. Tolle’s writing style is effortless, and he offers practical guidance for transcending past and future concerns.
Also, he introduces the concept of the “pain-body,” a collection of emotional pain and negative patterns that reside within individuals. By cultivating presence and awareness, he teaches readers how to disidentify from the pain body and break free from the limitations of the ego.
The Power of Now Key notes:
- The present moment is the gateway to inner peace and spiritual awakening.
- Observing and transcending the egoic mind allows access to deeper levels of consciousness.
- Letting go of past regrets and future anxieties brings freedom and clarity.
- Embracing acceptance and surrendering to what are leads to true contentment and fulfillment.
- Awareness of the timeless essence of being allows for a joyful and purposeful life.
7. The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz
Ruiz outlines four simple but profound agreements that can transform one’s life by promoting self-awareness, personal growth, and freedom from self-limiting beliefs.
Throughout the book, he explains personal anecdotes, insightful stories, and ancient wisdom to illustrate the power and application of each agreement. He provides practical guidance on integrating these principles into daily life, offering readers a roadmap to personal freedom, self-mastery, and a deeper connection with their true selves.
The Four Agreements Key notes:
- Be impeccable with your word, speak with integrity, and avoid gossip or harmful speech.
- Don’t take anything personally; recognize that others’ actions reflect their beliefs and perceptions.
- Avoid making assumptions and communicate clearly to prevent misunderstandings and unnecessary suffering.
- Always do your best, understanding that your best will vary from moment to moment, and let go of perfectionism.
- Embrace these agreements to cultivate personal freedom, self-awareness, and more authentic and fulfilling relationships.
8. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
The Alchemist is a captivating and philosophical novel that takes readers on a journey of self-discovery and pursuing one’s dreams. This enchanting novel follows the journey of a young shepherd named Santiago. He goes on a quest for self-discovery and the pursuit of his dreams. It teaches valuable lessons about listening to one’s heart and finding one’s true path in life.
The Alchemist Key notes:
- Follow your legend, which leads you to your true purpose and fulfillment.
- Embrace the journey of self-discovery, overcoming obstacles, and seeking wisdom.
- Listen to your heart’s desires and intuition to guide meaningful choices.
- Learn to find meaning and beauty in the present moment rather than solely pursuing distant goals.
- Recognize the interconnectedness of all things and trust in the universe’s support in manifesting your dreams.
9. The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck
In this classic self-help book, Peck explores the importance of personal growth, spiritual development, and the need for discipline, responsibility, and love to lead a fulfilling life. He discusses the importance of developing a spiritual perspective beyond religious affiliations and incorporating a broader sense of meaning and purpose in life.
The Road Less Traveled Key notes:
- Embrace personal growth by facing challenges and taking responsibility for your choices.
- Cultivate self-discipline and delayed gratification to achieve long-term fulfillment and success.
- Develop genuine love and connection in relationships through honest communication and mutual respect.
- Embrace spiritual and emotional maturity by letting go of unhealthy patterns and practicing self-awareness.
- Embrace the journey of self-discovery, self-acceptance, and pursuing a fulfilling and authentic life.
10. The Power of Vulnerability: Teachings of Authenticity, Connection, and Courage by Brené Brown
This insightful book focuses on various aspects of human experience, including love, belonging, shame, and resilience. Brown’s research on vulnerability, shame, and human connection offers valuable insights into facing vulnerability as a path to courage, connection, and personal growth. The book provides valuable insights, practical strategies, and empowering stories encouraging you to live wholeheartedly and cultivate meaningful relationships.
The Power of Vulnerability Key notes:
- Embracing vulnerability leads to authentic connections, courage, and personal growth.
- Cultivating self-compassion and self-worth helps overcome shame and fear.
- Vulnerability fosters empathy, connection, and meaningful relationships.
- Embracing imperfections and letting go of perfectionism creates space for genuine joy and belonging.
- Vulnerability is a source of strength, resilience, and wholehearted living.
These books provide practical exercises, meditations, or techniques to incorporate into your daily life. Their actionable steps can help you apply the concepts and principles discussed in “The Untethered Soul” and integrate them into your practice, resulting in a more transformative experience.
More Psychological Self-Help Books:
Table of Contents